- Lead the sites towards common goals of achieving a working environment free of injuries.
- Champion effective safety and environmental policies, procedures, practices, and injury prevention programs.
- Champion safety, ergonomic, industrial hygiene and environmental training programs as required by OSHA, EPA/DNR and Nelson Global Products
- Manage OSHA and EPA/DNR compliance.
- Assist with Machine modifications and new installations of equipment and production processes per all HSE guidelines and required standards.
- Coordinate plant emergency action plans.
- Manage and maintain business continuity plans.
- Lead the development and coordination of plans to meet environmental regulations, corporate initiatives, & customer driven requirements.
- Track, maintain & report HSE data specific to the site performance, regulatory and corporate standards.
- Maintain and enhance NGP’s role of good citizenship in the community.
- Promote cross-functional training and problem solving to effectively improve health, safety & environment.
- Promote, facilitate and coordinate safety team activigies
- Promote, facilitate and coordinate behavior based safety programs
- All other duties assigned by plant managers.
- BS/BA Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Environmental or certification suchas a CSP, CIH, CHST or equivalent
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Solid working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations in OSHA and EPA compliance
- Experience with incident investigation processes and requirements
- Knowledge of principles of ergonomics, industrial hygiene, and behavioral based safety strategies
- Must have strong computer skills in excel, work, powerpoint
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Common approach to continous improvement
- Understanding of (safety and environmental) management systems
- Team player with a very positive attitude, willing to be a champion of change
- Relationship Building
- Must be able to flex hours as required by job demands.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to work effectively without supervision.
Nelson Global Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified Women, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.