This position resides within the New Product Development/Analysis/Test Engineering Group within Nelson Global Products Corporate Engineering. This position has two complementary job functions. The first will be in developing sound and acoustic tests and procedures related to Noise and Vibration. The second is Product Development of structural, hydraulic, and exhaust products.
- Design and develop structural, hydraulic, and exhaust products/systems for on-highway, off-highway and small engine and recreational vehicle markets to meet customer requirements.
- Develop predictive tools and standards for the design and application of structural, hydraulic, and exhaust products
- Lead the development and documentation of test procedures and methods for ensuring acoustic performance and durability of new products. This includes dynamic, acoustic, thermal, and flow testing.
- Identify the business case and lead procurement of capital required to complete test plans for products under development.
- Identify and execute the technical support work (including mechanical design, analyses, testing, drafting, prototypes, etc.) required to develop system components, test fixtures, and standards.
- Maintain and manage project schedules.
- Travel to customer and supplier sites as necessary, perform on-site testing, and present our technology.
- Travel Required: 10-30%
- Expert level knowledge in NVH Data Acquisition, Signal Analysis, and Test Equipment.
- Expert level analytic and test capabilities as related to Acoustics and Sound. Including Sound Power Level, Sound Pressure Level, Binaural Recording, Jury Testing, Sound Intensity Mapping.
- Expert level knowledge of Fluid Dynamics and Thermal Science.
- User level knowledge of analytical tools in FEA and/or CFD. (Ansys CFX and Ansys Mechanical Skills – Preferred)
- Proficient at Solid Modeling (Autodesk Inventor Preferred)
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Independent, motivated, customer-focused.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Solid communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work in cross functional team environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with 3 years of experience in NVH Engineering or Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering with 1 year of experience in NVH Engineering.
- 1 plus years of experience in NVH testing and Signal Analysis is required.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle chassis systems.
- Basic knowledge of the off highway and small engine and recreational vehicle markets (preferred)