Summary: This position is responsible for managing the customer relationship, delivery flow, ensuring new items are set up in the ERP system, and other customer support needs of major OEM and Aftermarket customers on behalf of Nelson Global Products. As a primary customer liaison, this role must ensure Nelson maintains a high level of customer satisfaction while protecting the interest of Nelson operations and overall business objectives.
This individual will have primary decision-making responsibility associated with daily order management of key customer accounts. Responsibilities include order processing, delivery oversight and coordination, customer and plant negotiations, forecast development, and leadership of a broad range of problem-solving activities. This position will be based at the Stoughton, Wisconsin administrative facility.
- Main external customer interface for communication related to order processing, mgmt and product delivery
- Lead product transportation and expedites, manage and lead all product delivery issues with customer
- Understand product/information flows through the Nelson plants
- Lead and facilitate problem resolution between customer and Nelson
- Understand and assess the needs of both sides in order to promote cooperation and positive results
- Proactively work to protect the customer from operations variances
- Coordinate changes to the planned ship schedule with customers that are caused by product availability, material shortages, etc.
- Reinforce order rules (MOQ, Lead-time, etc.) established by Nelson operations for current and new products
- Track, report and bring attention to customer issues and work cross-functionally to resolve them
- Lead meetings with Nelson plants to ensure product coordination and meet targets
- Lead or participate in marketing, account team, plant and customer-related meetings
- Provide input into business case analysis for new business opportunities
- Ensure Nelson responds to customers by the due dates for quotes and prototypes
- Run shipment reports or Open order reports as needed
- Attain, analyze, and input customer forecasts
- Develop and publish a rolling forecast of customer demand for manufacturing use
- Assist in development of a 12 month rolling forecast with marketing and manufacturing
- Participate in Nelson S&OP and marketing forecast meetings
- Manage order flows for assigned Nelson OEM and Aftermarket customer accounts
- Schedule, monitor, and facilitate new orders and order changes
- Negotiate with customers exceptions based on order management guidelines
- Oversee and coordinate daily shipments to ensure on-time delivery
- Develop expertise on customer requirements, order transmittal methods, and freight routings/payment terms to ensure order flow accuracy
- Identify opportunities for cost avoidance and/or reduction and initiate activities or lead projects to address
- Ensure Purchase Order to quoted price compliance at time of order entry / acceptance to eliminate price leakage
- Reconcile any invoice deductions that finance needs help to resolve
- Manage the tracking spreadsheet for the customer’s tooling and prototype needs
SYSTEMS / PROCESS CAPABILITY
- Support new product introductions and customer requested application changes
- Identify and implement business process and system improvements
- Facilitate setup of new customers within Order Management system as required
- Initiate the set-up of any new customer electronic order flows and coordinate with EDI team
- Participate in the establishment and execution of CPC & Pricing functional excellence standards
- Miscellaneous work to support the sales staff in their efforts to support customers
- Bachelor or Associate degree
- Comparable demonstrated work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; writes clearly and concisely, speaks articulately, assures communications are comprehensive and timely, involving all who need to know.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize requirements and activities
- Consistently uses mature judgment within a broad range of situations and diverse groups of individuals, including customers’ and Nelson senior management and manufacturing teams.
- Understands Nelson production and information flows.
- Demonstrates or develops basic familiarity with Nelson business processes and work flows in which Customer Service has input or requires output
- Understands or develops knowledge of Nelson product lines.
- Gains proficiency with MS Office, SOMS, Discoverer, reading drawings, and Oracle GIEA.
- Detail-oriented and accurate in executing work impacting customer satisfaction and revenue flows.
- Champions continuous improvement and initiates/leads structured problem-solving efforts (7-step, 6 sigma) among diverse groups internal and external to Nelson.
- Continuously reviews CPC business processes for improvement opportunities.
- Results oriented and demonstrates commitment to follow-through.
- Focused on meeting customer expectations (both internal and external)
- Strong documentation skills
- Gains understanding of Total Quality Systems (TQS), participates in documentation of procedures
- Works effectively within all levels of an organization, including customers’ senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills to help foster good cross-functional relationships
- Supports cross-training efforts within group and trains others on own accounts to ensure complete account coverage during vacations.
- Supports CPC group projects, initiatives, or other team members as needed.
- Drives and achieves resolution of open issues
- Has effective time and project management skills
- Effectively manages multiple tasks in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Has strong initiative, a proven self-starter
- Represents Nelson Global Products professionally and abides by policies and procedures relative to ethics and treatment of others.
- Maintains composure and diplomacy regardless of the situation.
- Continually reviews CPC business procedures and recommends changes to ensure accurate and complete adherence to plant order rules.