Reporting to a Business Unit Manager, the Scheduler shall oversee production schedules for production floor at Nelson Global Products - Clinton. The Scheduler is responsible for providing the feedback on proper manning and scheduling production flow through plant. Planning will provide production floor schedule on a weekly basis.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish and promote a Safe work environment. Identifying unsafe acts and reporting to a Business Unit Manager or EHS Manager.
- Develop and maintain an environment conducive to generating Quality products. The Scheduler will work closely with Business Unit Leader and supervision regarding processes and procedures required to generate Quality components.
- Promoting an efficient manufacturing environment. The Scheduler will be responsible for the production activities of all production areas, ensuring schedule compliance and the meeting Customer delivery expectations. The Scheduler will develop and implement a process to review facility expedites, ensuring budgetary compliance and reviewing any variance with the a Business Unit Manager and Business Unit Leader.
- The Scheduler will communicate vision and expectation levels to unit members. The strategy must be reliant upon the strategic direction of corporate vision and company goals. The function as the focal point in creating a production schedule for manufacturing using the best combination of visual manufacturing, MRP system, and Excel. Provide a means to track and manage daily manufacturing workload.
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports performance to schedule of production activities utilizing information derived from Materials and Production control systems.
- Construct data and perform mathematical calculations to determine material, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Assist the Business Units to actively manage the production schedule.
- Monitors quality, service, and delivery issues, and takes corrective action, as needed.
- This person draws the master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet customer forecast.
- Provides continual improvement of the planning and reporting processes.
- Ability to follow directions and lead workers. Ability to accurately communicate ideas, instructions, questions, problems, and solutions.
- Tracking of workflow from Engineering Department through the Manufacturing Department.
- Performs other essential duties as required.
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Additional formal education a plus.
- Related manufacturing experience in quality, materials, and production.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills (both verbal and written) are a requirement.
- Problem solving, team building and coaching characteristics are preferred skills sets.
- Candidate must be proficient in computer operations, inclusive of spreadsheets and word processing.
- ERP/MRP knowledge and experience