- Accountable for developing exhaust system layouts and products. Responsible for identifying and resolving system-level issues. Act as engineering face to customer.
- Design and integrate exhaust products such as mufflers, headers, spark arrestors, tubing, etc., for industrial, small engine, and recreational vehicle markets to meet customer requirements.
- Identify and execute the technical support work (including mechanical design, FEA and CFD analyses, acoustical, flow and vibration testing, drafting, prototypes, etc.) required to develop system components against technical profile deliverables.
- Generate and publish specifications for product and manufacturing (3D Models, 2D prints, Engineering specifications, etc)
- Ensure DFM ( Design for Manufacturability) is implemented in development of design (Drawing Quality Reviews, Dimensional Variation Analysis, Design Reviews)
- Identify and develop manufacturing methods, suppliers, and process costs.
- Maintain and manage project schedules.
- Travel to customer, supplier, and manufacturing sites as necessary to perform on-site testing, manufacturing reviews and present our technology.
- Travel Required: 10-30%
- Proficient at Solid Modeling (Autodesk Inventor Preferred)
- User knowledge of Fluid Dynamics, Thermal Science, Applied Mechanics, and Acoustic Science.
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Project management skills.
- Independent, motivated, customer-focused.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Solid communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work in cross functional team environment.
- Experience in Acoustic muffler or exhaust system development
- Ansys CFX and Ansys Mechanical Skills (Preferred)
- Siemens LMS Data Acquisition and Testing (Preferred)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent educational degree is required with at least 3 yrs of experience in exhaust system design and manufacturing.
- Basic knowledge of exhaust components/aftertreatment
- Basic knowledge of vehicle chassis systems (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of the small engine and recreational vehicle markets (preferred)
- Six Sigma knowledge / skills preferred (belt certification a plus)