This position requires a person with strong analytical skills, and a thorough understanding in logistical cost drivers. In addition, this person needs to motivate others in the organization to make business process changes to support cost improvements. And finally, a strong understanding in NAFTA and customs/duty provisions is required.
Principal Job Duties:
- Lead logistic & cost negotiations with freight carriers and third party logistic suppliers for both domestic and international freight
- Audit freight bills for accuracy, identifying root cause issues and drive permanent resolution to billing errors
- Develop and track metrics for logistics performance, cost drivers for all U.S. manufacturing locations
- Support international shipments with appropriate mode of transportation and accurate custom paperwork preparation
- Support business requests to arrange best expedited freight methods as needed
- Supervise Packaging Engineer/NAFTA coordinator. Develop work objectives and monitor performance that tasks are being done effectively and efficiently
- Lead NAFTA compliance requests from customers, and drive for process improvements in reporting efficiency
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- They should be a results oriented, hands on, creative and detail oriented leader with strong knowledge of logistics cost drivers. They must have the drive to identify cost savings opportunities in logistics and packaging, and the energy to lead the organization through process improvements.
- They must be able to objectively evaluate different supplier’s capabilities, and have a strong negotiating skillset
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University with at least 2 years relevant experience in logistics. (required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Oracle, Syteline, and Internet. (required)
- Self-motivated with excellent leadership skills and the ability to support and motivate others. (required)