This position is accountable for transactional support and procurement of required materials and services needed to support the organization. This includes requirements for Manufacturing, Engineering, Machine Manufacturing, and other functional areas. This position is responsible for purchasing transactions, including processing of requisitions and purchase orders, administration of supplier pricing and contracts and compliance with company policies and procedures for best practices to ensure best total cost of materials or best total cost of ownership.
(All other duties as assigned)
- Process purchase requisitions for materials and services in ERP or Supplier Order Management systems and ensure system accuracy
- Maintain effective supplier relationships and monitor supplier performance
- Identify and resolve issues late deliveries, shortages, quality issues with vendors
- Initiate and support continuous improvement activities and best practices to achieve improved efficiency
- Utilization of best procurement practices and adherence to procurement policies
- All other duties assigned.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
This position will execute the activities noted above which are necessary for the acquisition of materials and services to support the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain or 3+ year’s procurement experience.
- Proficient in preparation of purchase orders.
- Proficiency in analytical and computer skills (Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- MRP and ERP experience preferred.