Provide design support for development of sales and manufacturing drawings for exhaust/tubing products and fixtures, and current product support.
- Perform design for manufacture on large silencers and silencer accessories
- Perform solid modeling of system components (Silencers, Catalytic Mufflers, Tubing, etc)
- Provide detailed component/assembly level prints and documentation of designs
- Maintain Engineering Data in systems (EPDM, PDM/Vault system, ERP/Oracle, Solid Works preferred)
- Take designs from “napkin sketch” to production
- Reverse engineer concept mockups from R & D
- Check models/prints as required to ensure compliance to standards
- Support any manufacturing issues or questions on the shop floor
- Travel Required: 0-10%
- Proficient at Solid Modeling – (Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor Preferred)
- Familiarity with EPDM or Autodesk Vault preferred
- Proficient at applying GD&T according to ASME Y14.5-2009
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Solid communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Good computer skills with Office applications
- Ability to work cross functionally in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with manufacturing, external customers, and suppliers
- Manufacturing/service/application awareness or experience
- Project management skills required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent is required.
- 0 to 5 years of experience as related to product design/development.
- Experience with 2-D and 3-D CAD (Autodesk Inventor)
- User level proficiency with GD&T required
- Experience with product release (print generation/documentation)
- Working knowledge of vehicle chassis systems required
- Working knowledge of vehicle exhaust systems preferred
Nelson Global Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified Women, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.