Summary: This position is responsible for managing the customer relationship, delivery flow, ensuring new items are set up in the ERP system, and other customer support needs of major customers on behalf of GT Exhaust and Silex Innovations- a part of Nelson Global Products. As a primary customer liaison, this role must ensure Nelson maintains a high level of customer satisfaction while protecting the interest of Nelson operations and overall business objectives.
This individual will have primary decision-making responsibility associated with daily order management of key customer accounts. Responsibilities include order processing, delivery oversight and coordination, customer and plant negotiations, forecast development, and leadership of a broad range of problem-solving activities. This position will be based at the Arcadia, Wisconsin facility.
- Main external customer interface for communication related to order processing, management and product delivery
- Lead product transportation and expedites, manage and lead all product delivery issues with customer
- Understand product/information flows through the plant
- Lead and facilitate problem resolution between customer and Nelson
- Understand and assess the needs of both sides in order to promote cooperation and positive results
- Proactively work to protect the customer from operations variances
- Coordinate changes to the planned ship schedule with customers that are caused by product availability, material shortages, etc.
- Reinforce order rules (MOQ, Lead-time, etc.) established by Nelson operations for existing and new products
- Track, report and bring attention to customer issues and work cross-functionally to resolve them
- Lead or participate in marketing, account team, plant and customer-related meetings if needed
- Ensure Nelson responds to customers by the due dates for quotes and prototypes
- Run shipment reports or Open order reports as needed
- Manage order flows for assigned customer accounts
- Schedule, monitor, and facilitate new orders and order changes
- Negotiate with customers exceptions based on order management guidelines
- Oversee and coordinate daily shipments to ensure on-time delivery
- Develop expertise on customer requirements, order transmittal methods, and freight routings/payment terms to ensure order flow accuracy
- Identify opportunities for cost avoidance and/or reduction and initiate activities or lead projects to address
- Ensure Purchase Order to quoted price compliance at time of order entry / acceptance to eliminate price leakage
SYSTEMS / PROCESS CAPABILITY
- Support new product introductions and customer requested application changes
- Identify and implement business process and system improvements
- Facilitate setup of new customers within Order Management system as required
- Initiate the set-up of any new customer electronic order flows and coordinate with EDI team
- Miscellaneous work to support the sales staff in their efforts to support customers
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred
- Comparable demonstrated work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; writes clearly and concisely, speaks articulately, assures communications are comprehensive and timely, involving all who need to know.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize requirements and activities
- Consistently uses mature judgment within a broad range of situations and diverse groups of individuals, including customers’ and Nelson senior management and manufacturing teams.
- Understands or develops Nelson production and information flows.
- Demonstrates or develops basic familiarity with Nelson business processes and work flows in which Customer Service has input or requires output
- Understands or develops knowledge of Nelson product lines.
- Gains proficiency with MS Office, SOMS, Discoverer, reading drawings, and Oracle GIEA.
- Detail-oriented and accurate in executing work impacting customer satisfaction and revenue flows.
- Results oriented and demonstrates commitment to follow-through.
- Focused on meeting customer expectations (both internal and external)
- Strong documentation skills
- Works effectively within all levels of an organization, including customers’ senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills to help foster good cross-functional relationships
- Supports cross-training efforts within group and trains others on own accounts to ensure complete account coverage during vacations.
- Supports CPC group projects, initiatives, or other team members as needed.
- Drives and achieves resolution of open issues
- Has effective time and project management skills
- Effectively manages multiple tasks in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Has strong initiative, a proven self-starter
- Represents Nelson Global Products professionally and abides by policies and procedures relative to ethics and treatment of others.
- Maintains composure and diplomacy regardless of the situation.
- Continually reviews CPC business procedures and recommends changes to ensure accurate and complete adherence to plant order rules.